Church Interpreter Training Institute (CITI)
The Mission of CITI:
As a Christian ministry, provided by the joint partnership of Concordia Theological Seminary and Lutheran Friends of the Deaf, our mission is to equip Church Interpreters, through specialized instruction, to assist and serve the church in proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Deaf.
- an intensive two week summer institute for interpreters in Christian churches.
- an institute that focuses on Biblical studies, ASL instruction, religious vocabulary, understanding worship and liturgy, Deaf culture, religious hymnody and songs, and special interest topics.
- an opportunity for students to gain knowledge and skills by learning through the experiences of other students and instructors, insights from seminary professors, daily chapel worship and evening devotions.
- an educational challenge to prepare the church interpreter in meeting the demands of bringing the Gospel of Jesus to the Deaf.
- open to students from all denominations who confess the Holy Trinity.
- June 2 - 14, 2013
- On the campus of Concordia Theological Seminary Fort Wayne, IN